Post-Game Jam Update 2 - Major Overhaul
First of all, I would like to apologize for the lack of updates for the post-game jam version of this game. After the game jams I submitted this game for, I've been hired as an artist and have been extremely busy. However, I haven't completely forgotten about Delve just yet.
Since my last update, I have done a lot of work on the game to make an (almost) complete makeover, from art to gameplay. Here's a list of what you can look forward in the new Delve. (The list may be incomplete; I may have not listed some changes.)
- Increased max values
- Adjusted automatic resource depletion alarms and amounts
- Coffee dependence no longer has any effect on max health value
- Lower health consumption when interacting with a station if coffee boost is active.
- Added toilet
- When balancing the game, I realized that dependence was mostly untouched by any resource/station despite its significance as another stat. I decided to include it in order to allow players to control the effect of coffee on their character.
- Reduces # of cups of coffee drank (that decides dependence) but reduces air and water
- Once interacted, the player will remain inside until its duration ends, disallowing movement or cancellation
- Increased collision masks for stations (for better detection)
- Adjusted stations' effects to resources
- Air tank now needs Water to be above 0 to be interactable.
- All stations need Electricity to be above 0 when interacted, except the kitchen and generator.
- Stations no longer decrease Electricity when interacted.
- Air tank now consumes water.
- Coffee machine now consumes water.
- Adjusted move speed and jump height when boosted by coffee and not.
- The game now spans 24 hrs instead of 3. Starts at 8 am.
- Time now increments by 5 mins (previously 30 mins) every ~1 RL second.
- Added popup/notification when:
- A resource is increased
- A station's needed resource is currently 0
- Added resource value feedback
- Goes red, shakes and flashes at critical level
- Flashes when player tries to increase/decrease a maxed-out resource
- Trail effect when coffee boost is on
- Stations turn white-ish when the player is colliding with them
- Station-specific SFX when the player interacts with them
- Added SFX when player tries to increase a maxed-out resource through its station
- Heartbeat with BPM depending on coffee dependence level
- Size of vignette increases as coffee dependence increases
- Reworked level
- Removed an entire floor
- Changed station locations
- Removed slope at generator
- At first, it was really just cosmetic to make the sub look like rounded and elongated.
- Tried integrating it but ultimately decided to remove it since it doesn't offer anything important or fun
- Redid doors - Before, they're just animations that play when the player goes by. Now, the player can collide with them.
- Fixed dead but no game over/Random deaths
- Fixed player getting stuck on
- Integrated dynamic resolution
- It will scale now to your monitor's resolution to make it easier to play.
- Fullscreen also available.
- Progress bar location aligned properly
- Added slight delay on view/"camera" movement
- Reworked tileset
- Made things to scale more realistically with the player
- Redid them to normalize pixel sizes and colors
- Replaced logo
- Redid title screen
- Made station animations
- Replaced font
- Replaced "E" button popup and made it animated
- Added room transitions
- Redid level backgrounds
- Redid submarine cutout
- Added title screen BGM
- Added ambient tracks
- Added alarm SFX when depth is at critical level
- You can now zoom out to see the structure level by holding Shift.
- Added day and time of death on game over screen
- Added Help menu
- Added Settings menu
- Added Credits screen
- Added tips on game over
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.